Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Waiting

According to their website, they have finished shipping batches 1-2 and are on batch 3 (my batch). You should confirm the batch# and maybe give them a call.

My pre-order was entered mid-afternoon on the first day pre-orders were accepted and my Skydio 2's arriving next Monday, the 13th.

Mine was in 'batch 3', too. Skydio sent a notice as the Wuhan epizoodic shutdowns started that they were affected ,then they sent a notice recently that they were back to work.

Skydio sent a notice a couple weeks back that they were ready to take the rest of the payment and would honor the original price on the battery, controller, and beacon which has increased by a couple hundred bucks since the pre-order.

I paid it, they confirmed it, and a week later they sent a shipping notice with tracking #.

Maybe I'm earlier in the batch than you? It looks like a 'batch' takes a couple or few months to work through?

Waiting patiently to receive my skydio 2 in the October batch
..hope it flys well in winter weather..

I sent my deposit in on 6/27, was confirmed that I'm in "Batch 5" scheduled to ship in October...looks like we're in the same boat! Fortunately, all the weather I have to worry about is happening NOW...probably too hot in the AZ desert to get any lift!!! Predicted 120* today. Can't wait for "Winter" again.

I sent my deposit in on 6/27, was confirmed that I'm in "Batch 5" scheduled to ship in October...looks like we're in the same boat! Fortunately, all the weather I have to worry about is happening NOW...probably too hot in the AZ desert to get any lift!!! Predicted 120* today. Can't wait for "Winter" again.
Be happy you fly where the air is relatively dry... flying where the air is both hot and humid is a double whammy for good lift.

Reactions: richinAZ
Waiting patiently to receive my skydio 2 in the October batch
..hope it flys well in winter weather..

Works awesome in winter and I think it's well worth the wait. I've done bunch of backcountry snowmobile accessed snowboarding with it. First drone I've ever had I can just throw in the air, it follows to bottom, then follows us on the sled back up. I got some Skydio 2 snowboard vids up on my channel. Here's my favorite from last winter:

I placed an order this morning, I'm in batch 5. No hurry here as I've got too much to do in the mean time. And being a drone newbie, I've got a lot to learn before it arrives!

Batch 3 here, ordered on the 16th of Nov 2019, also waiting.
- Up to the 31st of March, no news, then they sent a mail that according to the shelter in place directive, they are suspending all operations.
- On the 2nd of July they mailed that they resumed the production. They wrote that they hope to resolve all backlogs until September.

Until now 4th of August no further news, no mail, nothing else.
Btw.. it sucks that they modified prices for accessories as well. Heck, I just wanted the drone, the beacon and one extra battery that fits in the case. Then came the shortage of parts and then came covid. I sure hope that they honor the original price tag of those. :confused:

Last edited:
Yeah, I placed my order on 11-03-2020 and also in Batch 3. I was told that they will honor the prices for the accessories that were in place when that order was placed, if that is any consolation to you. They are pretty good about getting back to me with email queries, so give them a shout if you want to just verify that your order hasn't gotten lost.

I had to order through a former classmate of mine who lives in US. He is sending me all info/news as soon as he receives them. As soon as the confirmation mail arrives that it's ready, I'll send him the amount via PP.

Have they started shipping units again?

Haven't read of anyone receiving one since before the shutdown.

Last edited:
Have they started shipping units again?

Haven't read of anyone receiving one since before the shutdown.

Yes, I am in Batch 3 and I have received my order email two weeks ago and received my Skydio 2 a couple days ago. I placed my order on Oct. 7th 2019. Skydio said they will finished with batch 3 by September.

Hmmm, seems they're gonna have to get on the ball to get batch 5 out in October.

Hmmm, seems they're gonna have to get on the ball to get batch 5 out in October.

Wait!? There is a batch 5? How long do Skydio plan on selling this thing? For sure, Skydio drones have longer shelf life than DJI's drones.

Reactions: Portolo
Wait!? There is a batch 5? How long do Skydio plan on selling this thing? For sure, Skydio drones have longer shelf life than DJI's drones.

Well, I placed an order(deposit) on August 4th, and I am in batch 5. I've seen others that ordered in July say they were batch 5 as well.

To my knowledge, I've not seen anyone on here report getting theirs yet from batch 4.

How long do Skydio plan on selling this thing? For sure, Skydio drones have longer shelf life than DJI's drones.

Yes, the Skydio 2 is approaching a year old. If this were DJI, a new version would be nearing release.

Appreciate the update and seeing how the actual Batch 3 and Batch 4 order filling process works.

Thanks for sharing the actual Skydio post...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup