Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Error V5

Karlski

Reaction score
I have had my Skydio 2 since February, but have only started flying regularly since May. It has been error-free until now. Today I tried to fly it with the controller, and while the bar was growing across the final screen (which shows the camera view), It stopped approximately 70% of the way from completion, and after about 10 sec, I got an Error V5 message. I shut down the drone and restarted it, ditto with the phone app and got same error message. So I tried flying it directly with the phone app - same message at the same pre-launch position.

Unfortunately, there is no Error code table that I can find online. Has anyone had this error before? Does anyone knows what it refers to and is there a way to fix it?

The only error I've come across in this forum is V17, which seems to be related to the SD card. Maybe V stands for 'video'.

Any help appreciated.

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
I can help with the V5 but did you try writing SD about it? They are really good about getting back to you.

Karlski

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. This happened on a Saturday afternoon, so direct communication with Skydio wasn't possible as they are closed for the weekend.

After posting, on the principle that a V error could refer to video, and posted evidence that the V17 error was a video recording error on an SD card, I took out my card, wiped the contacts and re-inserted it. It started it up with no repetition of the V5 error.

It would be useful if Sydio could publish a listing of Error Codes, so that users could troubleshoot the likely cause of a malfunction. In this case I could have fixed it while I was in the field and got the footage that I wanted.

Reactions: Lifeisfun

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for the followup.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. This happened on a Saturday afternoon, so direct communication with Skydio wasn't possible as they are closed for the weekend.

After posting, on the principle that a V error could refer to video, and posted evidence that the V17 error was a video recording error on an SD card, I took out my card, wiped the contacts and re-inserted it. It started it up with no repetition of the V5 error.

It would be useful if Sydio could publish a listing of Error Codes, so that users could troubleshoot the likely cause of a malfunction. In this case I could have fixed it while I was in the field and got the footage that I wanted.
Nice guess work about the card possibly causing the problem ... was it the same card Skydio provided you?

P.S. Stumbled across yet another error code in this forum ... SD 2 Max SD Card size (V71: SD Media Issue errors at the Calibration stage at drone startup).

funonfly

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Any news from skydio ?

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Any news from skydio ?
Not sure karlski even asked Skydio a question.

Gotta believe error codes don't specifically point to a clear black and white fix for an error but more so encompass a broad range of possibilities.

If the error code went away (like he stated) chances are pretty good that dirty contacts were the cause of the problem.

Reactions: funonfly

Karlski

Reaction score
I didn't contact Skydio because I had fixed the error and didn't need their help.
I still believe that a listing of error codes will enable users to narrow down the cause of an error and thus help with troubleshooting.

Reactions: funonfly

funonfly

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I didn't contact Skydio because I had fixed the error and didn't need their help.
I still believe that a listing of error codes will enable users to narrow down the cause of an error and thus help with troubleshooting.
thx for clarifying !
I agree at least in what direction to search.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Curious what your answer might be to my Sunday (Post #5) question?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skydio_koto