Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Error V5

Karlski

Reaction score
I have had my Skydio 2 since February, but have only started flying regularly since May. It has been error-free until now. Today I tried to fly it with the controller, and while the bar was growing across the final screen (which shows the camera view), It stopped approximately 70% of the way from completion, and after about 10 sec, I got an Error V5 message. I shut down the drone and restarted it, ditto with the phone app and got same error message. So I tried flying it directly with the phone app - same message at the same pre-launch position.

Unfortunately, there is no Error code table that I can find online. Has anyone had this error before? Does anyone knows what it refers to and is there a way to fix it?

The only error I've come across in this forum is V17, which seems to be related to the SD card. Maybe V stands for 'video'.

Any help appreciated.

I can help with the V5 but did you try writing SD about it? They are really good about getting back to you.

Thanks for the offer. This happened on a Saturday afternoon, so direct communication with Skydio wasn't possible as they are closed for the weekend.

After posting, on the principle that a V error could refer to video, and posted evidence that the V17 error was a video recording error on an SD card, I took out my card, wiped the contacts and re-inserted it. It started it up with no repetition of the V5 error.

It would be useful if Sydio could publish a listing of Error Codes, so that users could troubleshoot the likely cause of a malfunction. In this case I could have fixed it while I was in the field and got the footage that I wanted.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
Interesting, thanks for the followup.

Thanks for the offer. This happened on a Saturday afternoon, so direct communication with Skydio wasn't possible as they are closed for the weekend.

After posting, on the principle that a V error could refer to video, and posted evidence that the V17 error was a video recording error on an SD card, I took out my card, wiped the contacts and re-inserted it. It started it up with no repetition of the V5 error.

It would be useful if Sydio could publish a listing of Error Codes, so that users could troubleshoot the likely cause of a malfunction. In this case I could have fixed it while I was in the field and got the footage that I wanted.
Nice guess work about the card possibly causing the problem ... was it the same card Skydio provided you?

P.S. Stumbled across yet another error code in this forum ... SD 2 Max SD Card size (V71: SD Media Issue errors at the Calibration stage at drone startup).

Any news from skydio ?

Any news from skydio ?
Not sure karlski even asked Skydio a question.

Gotta believe error codes don't specifically point to a clear black and white fix for an error but more so encompass a broad range of possibilities.

If the error code went away (like he stated) chances are pretty good that dirty contacts were the cause of the problem.

Reactions: funonfly
I didn't contact Skydio because I had fixed the error and didn't need their help.
I still believe that a listing of error codes will enable users to narrow down the cause of an error and thus help with troubleshooting.

I didn't contact Skydio because I had fixed the error and didn't need their help.
I still believe that a listing of error codes will enable users to narrow down the cause of an error and thus help with troubleshooting.
thx for clarifying !
I agree at least in what direction to search.

Curious what your answer might be to my Sunday (Post #5) question?

I just had the same error code happen to me yesterday trying to launch with the beacon. I also tried with the phone and got the same. I was in the mountains snow shoeing in Slovenia. I Googled the error code and found this thread. I tried cleaning the SD card but this did not fix it so I had to give up on flying. Then when I got back home I tried another start up and it worked fine- no error code and launched successfully. I just tried another test flight and again todayand again, no error code and normal launch. All very strange.

I have only just bought this Skydio2 from a someone from the US working in London who was selling his so still getting used to it's functions and an error code so early on alarmed me to say the least. I hope it does not re occur.

With all the complexity involved with how the S2 works I'm surprised we don't get error codes much more frequently.

Could be just the cold and/or terrain (poor GPS reception) you were flying in Slovenia that combined to generate the error code.

Whats important is that the error code isn't being generated any more.

I just had the same error code happen to me yesterday trying to launch with the beacon. I also tried with the phone and got the same. I was in the mountains snow shoeing in Slovenia. I Googled the error code and found this thread. I tried cleaning the SD card but this did not fix it so I had to give up on flying. Then when I got back home I tried another start up and it worked fine- no error code and launched successfully. I just tried another test flight and again todayand again, no error code and normal launch. All very strange.

I have only just bought this Skydio2 from a someone from the US working in London who was selling his so still getting used to it's functions and an error code so early on alarmed me to say the least. I hope it does not re occur.
That's a shame. I'm sure you were hoping to get some great footage. Frustrating I am certain.

I carry a spare card slid under the foam in the case lid. When you're out on a shoot it's the worst time to find out your card is bad and it can happen even when being carful about handling the card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup