Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Has anyone gotten Skydio2+ to work in Europe?

This is the reply I got from the Skydio Team:

"Hello Alcino,

Thanks for reaching out. Sounds like you've had a mysteriously frustrating few days with your new drone. Rest assured, your Skydio is not geofenced. What you are experiencing is wifi interference stemming from the conflict between our North American hardware and the UK standard. However I've heard rumblings that there may be a software fix for this in the future.

It makes sense that the person on the forum didn't have a problem with their Skydio 2, because the 2+ has a totally different set of channels/signals on it. The standard 2 used some 2.4ghz signals, which is probably why they were able to see it.

We currently only sell and ship to the US (excluding US territories) and Canada, but plan to expand to other countries soon (we don't have a firm timeline just yet). The primary reason is that Skydio drones are not yet certified for consumer use or warrantied outside of the US or Canada.

To stay updated on any changes with Skydio, please feel free to sign up here (scroll down to the bottom of the website).

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Sincerely,
Gavin"

This is the reply I got from the Skydio Team:

"Hello Alcino,

Thanks for reaching out. Sounds like you've had a mysteriously frustrating few days with your new drone. Rest assured, your Skydio is not geofenced. What you are experiencing is wifi interference stemming from the conflict between our North American hardware and the UK standard. However I've heard rumblings that there may be a software fix for this in the future.

It makes sense that the person on the forum didn't have a problem with their Skydio 2, because the 2+ has a totally different set of channels/signals on it. The standard 2 used some 2.4ghz signals, which is probably why they were able to see it.

We currently only sell and ship to the US (excluding US territories) and Canada, but plan to expand to other countries soon (we don't have a firm timeline just yet). The primary reason is that Skydio drones are not yet certified for consumer use or warrantied outside of the US or Canada.

To stay updated on any changes with Skydio, please feel free to sign up here (scroll down to the bottom of the website).

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Sincerely,
Gavin"
This is reassuring !!

Hey guys, the CEO of Skydio has responded to me this morning and he said "Quick update: we have a fix and we think we have a way for you to deploy it. We're validating now and looking to enable our CS team with it. I will let you know if something changes or I will put you in touch with someone who can get you going."

It's resassuring that the CEO himself is on top of this ticket and personally following it up internally. You certainly won't have the CEO of DJI emailing you directly! It gives me faith that we'll get to the bottom of this with a positive conclusion.

I'll try @Majority 's procedure and report back shortly today.

TEMPORARY (NO WIFI SSID CONNECTION) FIX FOR SKYDIO 2+:

This is all procedure steps that I did and documented (I did this 2 times)

Before you begin the procedures make sure that your skydio 2+ is turned off for more than 30 min

PHASE 1 (RECOMMENDED STEPS):
This are just recomended extra steps (because I'm just paranoid)
  1. Go to a location without GPS signal (Not sure if this is necessary but better be safe)
  2. Uninstall the Skydio app
  3. Put the phone on airplain mode
  4. turn on the WiFi on your phone (cellular data must be off)
  5. Get the fake GPS app like the one: Fake GPS location - Apps on Google Play and in the app change your location to USA (you have to enable "Allow mock locations" option in the android developer options menu)
  6. Install the Skydio app

PHASE 2 (MANDATORY STEPS):
Factory Reset for Skydio 2+ (it seems the procedure is not the same for the old Skydio 2)
  1. Remove the battery from the Skydio 2+ (for this to work the drone must be with NO battery)
  2. Connect the usb-c cable for battery charging to the main unit's usb-c connector that is on top of the drone.
  3. When you connect the usb-c cable to the drone the blue light of the main body will turn on an then it will start to blink.
  4. When it starts the blinking pattern just count 6 blinks and immediately remove the USB-c port from the charging port.
  5. Repeat this power cycle 6 times: (Connect the cable > Blue light turns ON > 6 blinks > disconnect de cable)
  6. At seventh time, connect the cable and leave it alone. The blue light will start to blink and the factory reset will begin.
  7. You can now connect the (full) battery to the drone but don't disconnect the usb-c power cord from the drone
  8. It will take 10 - 15 mins for the factory reset be completed
  9. After factory reset is completed the blue lights from the drone will be steady (no blinking)
  10. You will see now the SSID visible from the skydio 2+ on you phone's WiFi settings
  11. You can now open and connect the skydio app to the drone
  12. If the connection drops you have to go to your phone's wifi advanced settings and turn off the automatic connection
  13. DON'T UPDATE THE FIRMWARE FOR NOW

That's it, that's the Jailbreak of the Skydio 2+, I called SKYDIO2+FOREU method
I hope it works with you guys

Peace out
Alcino Major

I was not able to get this to work. I've tried it twice. I was unable to find a location without GPS, i tried the car park, elevator. The only place I can really think of without GPS, i'd probably be arrested for suspicious behavior trying to turn on something in my backpag whilst fiddling with my phone.

Unfortunately the SKYDIO2+FOREU method hasn't worked for me. Sorry guys. If anyone has any ideas, drop em here.

I was not able to get this to work. I've tried it twice. I was unable to find a location without GPS, i tried the car park, elevator. The only place I can really think of without GPS, i'd probably be arrested for suspicious behavior trying to turn on something in my backpag whilst fiddling with my phone.

Unfortunately the SKYDIO2+FOREU method hasn't worked for me. Sorry guys. If anyone has any ideas, drop em here.
This might be worth a shot.

I’m not sure if this is possible in Android world but you can in IOS.

In IOS Setting go to WIFi
In the Other Networks section there is an “Other” option.

This area lets you type in a SSID and password, along with a security option list.

Type the SSID and password for your S2+ and your best guess on what security protocol Skydio uses. Might have to try this with the various security options.

Tap Join.

Of course if Skydio has totally turned WiFi off in the drone this wouldn’t work.

This area lets you type in a SSID and password, along with a security option list.

Type the SSID and password for your S2+ and your best guess on what security protocol Skydio uses. Might have to try this with the various security options.

Tap Join.

Of course if Skydio has totally turned WiFi off in the drone this wouldn’t work.
Tried that too…doesn’t work either

Tap Join.

Tried that. No luck. It's frustrating tbh.

Did you guys manage to at least factory reset your drone?
It is working with me, Everything is working (Drone WiFi, Beacon, Skidio app), the only problem now I have is the controller, I can't connect because somehow the controller can't see the drone...

I'm working on this one also.

Did you guys manage to at least factory reset your drone?
It is working with me, Everything is working (Drone WiFi, Beacon, Skidio app), the only problem now I have is the controller, I can't connect because somehow the controller can't see the drone...

I'm working on this one also.
Am going to try this process a 3rd time. Problem is I cannot find anywhere without GPS. I need a deep tunnel or something.

Am going to try this process a 3rd time. Problem is I cannot find anywhere without GPS. I need a deep tunnel or something.

Just turn off location service... Or even just turn off the mobile phone and do the factory reset with Majority's PHASE 2 steps.

Once the drone is factory reset, check if you can see the Wifi SSID with any device (ex. a Notebook, a Phone...etc) If you use the phone, pls don't connect it immediately but confirm if you can see the Wifi SSID first.

You will see the Wifi SSID after factory reset, and it means the factory reset is successful.

If the Wifi SSID disappears again, then you will know it is not a problem with the phone but the drone's Wifi is turned off (or changed) by something wrong between factory reset and the next state.

This process (factory reset) is not a solution but a process to help identifying the situation. I use the term in purpose because it is not only an issue but also a situation.

Last edited:
the "PHASE 1 (RECOMMENDED STEPS)" of my method it's not mandatory it's just recommended extra steps
I'm not 100% sure that the drone or the app have a "kill WiFi Switch GPS geofencing" probably I'm just a little paranoid
Just go straight to the "PHASE 2 (MANDATORY STEPS)"

About the controller connetion: I did it, it's working and I think I've discover what is the cause of this big connection issue conundrum with the drone, beacon and controller that we are experiencing and it's not about GPS geofencing...
but before I post this info I have to make major tests to be 100% sure that this time I'm correct, please guys be patient, If my theory is correct I have a very simple solution, stay tune.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans
About the controller connetion: I did it, it's working and I think I've discover what is the cause of this big connection issue conundrum with the drone, beacon and controller that we are experiencing and it's not about GPS geofencing...
but before I post this info I have to make major tests to be 100% sure that this time I'm correct, please guys be patient, If my theory is correct I have a very simple solution, stay tune.
oooh! sits up straight, goes to make coffee and awaits the Major's discovery!. Man you'd make my weekend if I can get this **** to work. We gona have to paypal you a gift definately!

IMPORTANT UPDATE:📣

I'm currently working on a new permanent fix for this "no WiFi connection outside of USA" issue
I'm performing a lot of testing to be sure that I'm 100% right,
I will try to release all the information and detailed instructions late today (If I can)

but there's one thing you must be aware: If you bought your Skydio 2+ recently "DON'T TURN IT ON YET"
If you already have turn it on an try to connect to your phone you will have to perform the "Factory Reset"

Please be patient and Stay tune.

Follow this thread here: NO WIFI SSID CONNECTION FOR EUROPE FIX FOR SKYDIO 2+

Last edited:
I have just recieved an email from them. So a new software update released on February 10th should fix it. They are now trying to find a way to get it deployed to us.

Our latest software update (15.11.33), released on February 10th, resolves the known issue that made Skydio 2+ unable to fly in certain regions outside of the US and Canada. Our engineers are investigating possible solutions for users who are outside of the approved regions and are unable to connect to apply the latest update, but cannot guarantee a resolution at this time.

Just got another email from Skydio:

12/02/2022 19:04

Just remember that while the issue has been fixed, the only current way to get the update is by having the drone updated in the US or Canada. We don't currently have a set way to update manually, but we are looking into possible solutions. If a solution is found, it will be on a case by case basis, since we technically/legally aren't allowed to support/run Skydio drones in European markets (outside of select enterprise uses) at this time.

hello guys,
let me share my 2 cents.
My Skydio 2+ just arrived to Poland, and reading all your comments I doubted what to do (considered to return or exchange it for the old 2).
Today, in a fit of bravery I decided to turn it on.

So knowing this:

Zrzut ekranu 2022-02-12 o 19.15.45.png
I checked my home wifi setup

Screenshot_2022-02-12-19-42-51-514_net.techet.netanalyzer.an.JPG

all clear, so decided to turn the drone on. Skydio appeared unconflicted with my wifi router..

Screenshot_2022-02-12-19-54-59-015_net.techet.netanalyzer.an.JPG

and I have successfully managed to connect Skydio with my iPhone.
tried twice, all fine..

IMG_8204.PNG

tomorrow I will do some first test flights ...

hello guys,
let me share my 2 cents.
My Skydio 2+ just arrived to Poland, and reading all your comments I doubted what to do (considered to return or exchange it for the old 2).
Today, in a fit of bravery I decided to turn it on.

So knowing this:

View attachment 717
I checked my home wifi setup

View attachment 718

all clear, so decided to turn the drone on. Skydio appeared unconflicted with my wifi router..

View attachment 719

and I have successfully managed to connect Skydio with my iPhone.
tried twice, all fine..

View attachment 720

tomorrow I will do some first test flights ...
What app are you using to check the WIFI setup?

There is plenty of apps available (unfortunately only) for android - „Network analyzer”, „Wifi analyzer”… I couldnt find anything for iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matt APB