Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

iPad low storage cannot Take Off

iPad Mini4, this is from memory. I believe it had 16G memory and I would see the app bloat to over 8G. Only way to clear it was delete the app and reload.

It was a PITA because after deleting the app I needed internet to reload the app and register it which was not always available in the field.
Yes, that's exactly what I had to do with my iPhone. Delete the app, reload and then re-register. What about your new iPad? Storage and app size?

I got the phone memory full notice, android, I was able to go to app data and "clear data" it worked but I then had to go through the registration with email code, etc.
That worked but is a real pain in the ***. Is there someway to get Skydio to put data on the memory card, huge, instead of internal memory, very small?
There doesn't seem to be any way to access that data on a non rooted phone.

You also have to again do the stupid how to fly lesson, that will drain battery.
I asked support about it, and they told me there is no way around it.
I'm not sure how I avoided it but I've never had to do the learn to fly,, ever. I've had to register it initially and twice since following some of the updates but it's never made me perform that task. I'm not complaining.

I currently have 2.3 GBytes data in my phone Skydio app. That’s 10% of my internal storage and way too much.

How can I remove this without having to reset my Skydio. I have uploaded all flight logs to cloud.

I currently have 2.3 GBytes data in my phone Skydio app. That’s 10% of my internal storage and way too much.

How can I remove this without having to reset my Skydio. I have uploaded all flight logs to cloud.
I don't think you can, when my storage was full I had to delete the app. Things may be different now.

See this thread:

I was told by skydio that I should deleat the cache. The cache is a small part of the huge data file kept on Skydio. I hope this issue is being worked on by Skydio. This leaves me with no choice but to uninstall and install the app and start over again.
A means to delete the data file without having to uninstall the app needs to be found to be a world class drone.

I tried to delete the cache in my iPad for months, I was working with Skydio tech-support. We could never get it to work without deleting the app. Maybe they have it figured out by now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr