Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

iPad low storage cannot Take Off

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
After quite a few flights my S2 would not arm with the warning iPad storage low go to settings. I did and saw the Skydio app was using over half the memory of the tablet, specifically under documents and data. I went to media in the app and it said there was no media. I could not find how to clear the data. I deleted and reinstalled the app and that solved the issue, it there an easier way?

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
That's strange 🤔
I just checked my Android tablet and phone and after 4 flights it's using 1.91GB of storage.
Another device with only 2 very short flights about 750MB.
Not issue for me since both have 128GB internal storage. You can't clear just the app data on iOS?
Must be some kind of logs or something.

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
That would be nice but I cannot find anyplace to clear the data. Data and docs took up over 9G on my 16G iPad. After reinstalling the app I’m back down to under 2G.

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
When I first tested the SD2 I had the app on the default settings, when the flight was over if the drone was still on and the app open it would sync a lower resolution video file to the phone. One day I went into the phone's settings area where it allows you to sort and delete data by type to fee up space and noticed multiple files in there from the SD2. Within that area I was able to selectively delete them. When I started flying the SD2 that I purchased I turned off the audio recording function, so far I've not had any space warnings and I've done allot of flying and have not noticed any post flight syncing of data. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
It was an android phone.

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
Yeah I can clear the data and cashe on Android but can’t figure out this iPad, I’m not an Apple guy though.

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
Yeah I can clear the data and cashe on Android but can’t figure out this iPad, I’m not an Apple guy though.
Try this (from an Iphone but it should be sililar)
Settings/General/Iphone Storage/on my Iphone

Then see if it has a category for Skydio. My I phone doesn't have the app on it but GoPro does something similar to the Skydio App (copies camera files) and that's where I can delete files associated with that app on IOS. Anyway it's worth a try.

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
Yes in iPad/storage/Skydio it's under data and documents. It's a massive amount of data but it will not allow me to access it or clear it, I have to delete the app then reinstall.

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
IOS Sucks for some things.

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
Did some digging around and on Android the app data is located
/data/data/com.skydio.r3/files

All logs and media located there.
Yes, you must be rooted to access the directory

It probably would be good idea for Skydio let us access and delete individual flight video/audio recordings on both Android and iOS from within the app it self.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eric