Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

iPad low storage cannot Take Off

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
After quite a few flights my S2 would not arm with the warning iPad storage low go to settings. I did and saw the Skydio app was using over half the memory of the tablet, specifically under documents and data. I went to media in the app and it said there was no media. I could not find how to clear the data. I deleted and reinstalled the app and that solved the issue, it there an easier way?

That's strange ?
I just checked my Android tablet and phone and after 4 flights it's using 1.91GB of storage.
Another device with only 2 very short flights about 750MB.
Not issue for me since both have 128GB internal storage. You can't clear just the app data on iOS?
Must be some kind of logs or something.

That would be nice but I cannot find anyplace to clear the data. Data and docs took up over 9G on my 16G iPad. After reinstalling the app I’m back down to under 2G.

When I first tested the SD2 I had the app on the default settings, when the flight was over if the drone was still on and the app open it would sync a lower resolution video file to the phone. One day I went into the phone's settings area where it allows you to sort and delete data by type to fee up space and noticed multiple files in there from the SD2. Within that area I was able to selectively delete them. When I started flying the SD2 that I purchased I turned off the audio recording function, so far I've not had any space warnings and I've done allot of flying and have not noticed any post flight syncing of data. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

It was an android phone.

Yeah I can clear the data and cashe on Android but can’t figure out this iPad, I’m not an Apple guy though.

Yeah I can clear the data and cashe on Android but can’t figure out this iPad, I’m not an Apple guy though.
Try this (from an Iphone but it should be sililar)
Settings/General/Iphone Storage/on my Iphone

Then see if it has a category for Skydio. My I phone doesn't have the app on it but GoPro does something similar to the Skydio App (copies camera files) and that's where I can delete files associated with that app on IOS. Anyway it's worth a try.

Yes in iPad/storage/Skydio it's under data and documents. It's a massive amount of data but it will not allow me to access it or clear it, I have to delete the app then reinstall.

IOS Sucks for some things.

Did some digging around and on Android the app data is located
/data/data/com.skydio.r3/files

All logs and media located there.
Yes, you must be rooted to access the directory

It probably would be good idea for Skydio let us access and delete individual flight video/audio recordings on both Android and iOS from within the app it self.

Looks like the new software may have a fix.

-Fixed bug with flight logs that was preventing them from being removed from the phone, leading to bloated app sizes.

Was this ever fixed? I'm having the same problem. Version 10.0.0 of the Skydio app on iPhone iOS 13.5.1.

I don't know but my gut feeling says no. I switched from a iPad mini 4 to a 6th generation iPad because of this issue. I'm not encountering the problem anymore but I think it's more related to the additional storage capacity of the later iPad rather than the app being fixed.

After opening a case with skdio they emailed me after each subsequent update and asked if the bloated software was still an issue, and it was. So I made a decision to purchase a new device.

Last edited:
I don't know but my gut feeling says no. I switched from a iPad mini 4 to a 6th generation iPad because of this issue. I'm not encountering the problem anymore but I think it's more related to the additional storage capacity of the later iPad rather than the app being fixed.

After opening a case with skdio they emailed me after each subsequent update and asked if the bloated software was still an issue, and it was. So I made a decision to purchase a new device.
Thanks for the update. Yeah, it doesn't appear to be fixed. Could I ask a couple of questions about your iPad? First off, how much Storage does it have? and second, how much of that is the skydio app using? I'm thinking maybe there's a maximum size (hopefully) or will it just keep filling up the storage space (and you haven't reached that limit)? Thanks again.

iPad Mini4, this is from memory. I believe it had 16G memory and I would see the app bloat to over 8G. Only way to clear it was delete the app and reload.

It was a PITA because after deleting the app I needed internet to reload the app and register it which was not always available in the field.

iPad Mini4, this is from memory. I believe it had 16G memory and I would see the app bloat to over 8G. Only way to clear it was delete the app and reload.

It was a PITA because after deleting the app I needed internet to reload the app and register it which was not always available in the field.
You also have to again do the stupid how to fly lesson, that will drain battery.
I asked support about it, and they told me there is no way around it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup