Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New Firmware! Everything I asked for!

I tried to update my app, it says it's up to date 7.0.30.
I'll wait and try again later. And yes, I'm connected to the internet when I try it.

I tried to update my app, it says it's up to date 7.0.30.
I'll wait and try again later. And yes, I'm connected to the internet when I try it.
Apparently they're having problems with the Android version. For iOS, you need to update the app first.

All I wanted it to do was the ability to fly it manually! Now let’s see if I can fly it in the Dark like my 3 Mavic Drones!
I pinged Skydio support immediately after they posted the release notes and asked what was meant by the enhanced manual flight - since we already had manual flight capability. They couldn't tell me what was different. It could mean the ability to turn off OA, or it could mean Atti mode (ie: no GPS). No other idea what it could be.

Apparently they're having problems with the Android version. For iOS, you need to update the app first.
Quoted from the release notes...

"Android users, please note:

This update is being rolled out to users over the next five days. Once it is available you will be notified within the app or you will see it available to download no later than end of day Monday, October 18, 2021."

Anyone has this issue that the Skydio 2 makes a strange sound when charging after the update? or is that just me?

I pinged Skydio support immediately after they posted the release notes and asked what was meant by the enhanced manual flight - since we already had manual flight capability. They couldn't tell me what was different. It could mean the ability to turn off OA, or it could mean Atti mode (ie: no GPS). No other idea what it could be.
According to skydio, basically it is the same as the old manual mode, except it won't put the blue tracker buttons over people and vehicles. So it makes for a nicer flying experience.

Anyone has this issue that the Skydio 2 makes a strange sound when charging after the update? or is that just me?
The skydio 2 makes noise as it heats up while charging, it sounds like it has fans that run to try to cool it, when it is not actively flying.

I updated the app on my iphone no problem, but now cannot update my drone firmware. It says to update software before I can fly, but when I tap on "Check For Update" it returns an error message "Software Up To Date".

It sounds like there are many others who are having this issue, but I have a hard time believing that 7.0.27 is the up-to-date firmware and that there is no way to manually update the drone's software. I was hoping there would be a repository of firmware updates which could then be flashed to the Skydio via the drone's USB-C port.
I've already called Skydio & sent an email just to be safe. Now we wait.

I updated the app on my iphone no problem, but now cannot update my drone firmware. It says to update software before I can fly, but when I tap on "Check For Update" it returns an error message "Software Up To Date".

It sounds like there are many others who are having this issue, but I have a hard time believing that 7.0.27 is the up-to-date firmware and that there is no way to manually update the drone's software. I was hoping there would be a repository of firmware updates which could then be flashed to the Skydio via the drone's USB-C port.
As a user there's never been a way to force a manual update on the drone, it checks with the app to see what version SW it should have, if the app tells it it's the latest, nothing happens b/c it's up to date as far as it's concerned.

Reactions: frankbonatelli

I had the same issue. Even though I have an Android phone, and it was Androids that were supposed to be the OS that got the update later, my experience was that the phone app updated fine but the drone kept giving the 'Software Up to Date' message. It took another couple days and then it updated just fine. Who knows why...?

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
Anybody fly with it yet? I've now seen two reports on FB groups of the range buttons not functioning. I've updated but have not flown yet. Wondering new pheetures we've gotten. ;)

Mine starts making a strange noise when I try to make a USB connection with the computer to download a video. It will then repeatedly connect for a second and then disconnect, then connect, then disconnect, etc. looping until you unplug the cable. The noise is new to me, having been flying it for months up to now. Now it's unusable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup