Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Android app wifi connection problem (Issue Answered by Skydio)

Open Roader

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello S.P.

Just received the S2. Arrived with beacon. The issue I have is, none of the three Android cell phones I have will see the wifi signal during the app set up process. However, my laptop sees it and will connect via wifi and so will an older Samsung tablet running android.

I was able to get through the process with an older iPhone and get the app, beacon and S2 connected and fly. But the iPhone is my wife's.

My main android phone is a Samsung J2

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
Possibly this?

Open Roader

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Possibly this?
Thanks for the reply, had a look at this thread and checked my settings for accessibility. Unfortunately, I have a different issue. I did check and all my accessibility settings are off.

For whatever reason, none of my android phones show the Skydio in the wifi settings list. So when I am trying to make the wifi connection, it's not giving me the option.

Open Roader

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Issue Explained by Skydio

Basically, I have 3 "Unlocked" Android cell phones that I purchased from overseas (out of USA)

From John at Skydio - "Skydio 2 is designed to work with Wifi in the US and Canada only and unfortunately Skydio 2 will not be able to connect to some international devices. Essentially the Skydio 2 uses 5.8Ghz and phones made in China, for China markets do not support the frequency that Skydio 2 uses to connect and stream data. So Good news is there is nothing wrong with your Skydio 2, bad news the devices are not compatible."

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
Issue Explained by Skydio

Basically, I have 3 "Unlocked" Android cell phones that I purchased from overseas (out of USA)

From John at Skydio - "Skydio 2 is designed to work with Wifi in the US and Canada only and unfortunately Skydio 2 will not be able to connect to some international devices. Essentially the Skydio 2 uses 5.8Ghz and phones made in China, for China markets do not support the frequency that Skydio 2 uses to connect and stream data. So Good news is there is nothing wrong with your Skydio 2, bad news the devices are not compatible."
Search XDA, perhaps you can flash different FW on the device to switch the region to international.

singular.droid

Reaction score
If hardware doesn't support US frequencies nothing can be done. Reflash won't change the hardware.

Yesterday I tried to use Samsung A10 and A21 to connect to S2 and had another issue related to use interface of phones probably - there were so many networks around that I was not able to select it's WiFi. Was not able to solve on A10 but on A21 moving to another room and entering manually WiFi into phone has helped.

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
If hardware doesn't support US frequencies nothing can be done. Reflash won't change the hardware.

Yesterday I tried to use Samsung A10 and A21 to connect to S2 and had another issue related to use interface of phones probably - there were so many networks around that I was not able to select it's WiFi. Was not able to solve on A10 but on A21 moving to another room and entering manually WiFi into phone has helped.
Wifi is rarely different and FW will enable what is location appropriate or unlock everything, we are not talking cell network support here.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiklmahfuze