Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Follow Me

I discovered if you switch into the Fixed Track mode the S2 is much more stable and does not lunge as much. It does keep a fixed perspective(clock) so you need to position it as you rotate.

Have you tried fixed track with radical elevation changes? I'm still pretty new to this thing and have basically just been throwing it in the air and being pleasantly surprised when it meets me at the bottom of a run. It's light years of improvement over any drone I've had in the past five years when it comes to motion tracking.

I'm starting to get a better idea of how to setup shots, posts like this really help, so thanks for sharing. I hadn't even tried fixed track yet, you got me inspired so I'm going to try that next.

P.S. Jeep Wave! I drive a 2013 JK. ;)

Well maybe not as much as a skier on a mountain but the trail I'm on can exceed 9% elevation and the S2 has no problem.

Here’s the latest software. Sorry for the boring video but it shows the S2 now follows smoother. The whipping around Is tamed and it flies lower while terrain following. It also seems to choose better paths; with previous firmware it sometimes it didn’t pick the most logical way but that seems improved too.

Here’s the latest software. Sorry for the boring video but it shows the S2 now follows smoother. The whipping around Is tamed and it flies lower while terrain following. It also seems to choose better paths; with previous firmware it sometimes it didn’t pick the most logical way but that seems improved too.

Software Version # ?

Thanks for posting VEGASROBBI
Interesting parts for me:
1:02 1:06 1:12 1:17 ..... sudden speed bursts, any ideas why?

Otherwise very smooth!
3:57 LOVE the mountain range in the background!

Last edited:
Been flying my S2 a lot and discovering new things. When in orbit you can control the direction and orbit speed with the right stick. Here's a newer(not the newest) video showing the S2 is not on as much caffeine as before.

Been flying my S2 a lot and discovering new things. When in orbit you can control the direction and orbit speed with the right stick. Here's a newer(not the newest) video showing the S2 is not on as much caffeine as before.

Envy your ability to experiment with the different skills available in the Skydio 2 app... just checked the manual and found that you have a wide range of control over most of the apps skill sets.

Nice video!

This is not the new firmware...

OT question VEGASROBBI, since looks like you fly a lot and drain the batteries down a lot.
Do you see any battery degradation?
Since there is no battery stats how many cycles you estimate on yours?

Thanks

OT question VEGASROBBI, since looks like you fly a lot and drain the batteries down a lot.
Do you see any battery degradation?
Since there is no battery stats how many cycles you estimate on yours?

Thanks

I don't have solid numbers, I'd say I have about 50 flights on my S2. Flight time is still over 20 minutes and the discharge rate still seems to be linear. I would say no or very little degradation.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
I don't have solid numbers, I'd say I have about 50 flights on my S2. Flight time is still over 20 minutes and the discharge rate still seems to be linear. I would say no or very little degradation.
Thanks Robbi!

Run into any heat related issues with the S2?

Temps near 100F take all of the fun out of flying for me....

Can't say I have run into any heat related issues; however, I can say after a flight when it's 100 degrees out the top of my S2 is too hot to touch which is a concern. Between flights I place it on the console and blow the cold AC air on it. So far that has been good enough, no warnings or shutdowns, more than I can say for my iPad, unless it gets a constant stream of cooling air it shuts down. Fortunately the Beacon has been solid and remains in complete control.

Can't say I have run into any heat related issues; however, I can say after a flight when it's 100 degrees out the top of my S2 is too hot to touch which is a concern. Between flights I place it on the console and blow the cold AC air on it. So far that has been good enough, no warnings or shutdowns, more than I can say for my iPad, unless it gets a constant stream of cooling air it shuts down. Fortunately the Beacon has been solid and remains in complete control.
The too hot to touch part sure surprises me .... can't be good for the battery lives.

Wonder if pre-cooling the batteries with the cars AC might reduce the possible battery damage in high temp areas?

Ironically the top side is hot but the battery and underside is much cooler. I think the frame is magnesium or other metal to act as a heat sink.

Good point.... the magnesium air frame was an extra expense well worth the cost.

Airflow cooling doesn't seem to be able to cool the outer side of the battery any where near as well.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup