Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Follow Me

How many SD batteries do you bring with you out to the desert?

I take two which yields about 30 minutes of usable footage.

Thanks, ever since the big update I've found that the usable footage has gone up. Now I can launch ride off and as long as what it's filming is interesting enough, it's all usable, start to end. I'm not editing out for technical reasons or quality, just content.

Something often overlooked, other than take off and landing almost all the footage is useable.

With other drone's, especially dji, the yield of usable footage is low accompanied by more editing.

My first Skydio 2 video in the snow.

I warmed the batteries up before flight and got almost 20 minutes per battery.

Reactions: Ridefreak
Check out about 7:15 during an orbit my S2 switched subjects.

I agree, I think because of that it's also able to track at a faster speed, by being smoother it doesn't swing out as radically which IMO allows it to track you w/o as much catching up.

Last edited:
Been letting my S2 wander a little more, the new software seems to keep it out of trouble.

Reactions: Ridefreak
How hot was it out there?

It's been averaging in the low teens in Vegas and just about 100 on the mountain. I find if I fly under a hundred degrees my S2 can go a whole battery. I cool it down with the air conditioner between flights and try to maintain a 10 to 15 mph flight speed to get some cooling air flow. Above 100 degrees I get about 8 or 9 minutes then the hot warning and a cool down is required.

I was asking because I was in Phoenix yesterday and the dash read 113. I doubt the SD2 would have flown in that.
The fan is pretty tiny,

PXL_20210627_194927550-XL.jpg

Reactions: VEGASROBBI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr