Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Technical discussion about the new KeyFrame skill

thankyou..what i have in mind is to do an inspection around a building, i have the skydio2, not the skydio2 +, and i know how fragile the connection is when it is on the other side of the building, so i thought i would follow it around the building while setting the mission, then go back to the starting point and let it execute the mission.....

Yes, just follow it and the connection will be good. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

This will be the application that Skydio 2 excels at.

Yes, just follow it and the connection will be good. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

This will be the application that Skydio 2 excels at.

Yes, doing this will be an application project that Skydio 2 is good at.

There is nothing wrong with Skydio 2. As long as we are familiar with its use,

Now many people sell Skydio 2 at a low price, I originally planned to buy an additional Skydio 2 as a spare, but this thing is not going well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. Ha Ha.

thankyou..what i have in mind is to do an inspection around a building, i have the skydio2, not the skydio2 +, and i know how fragile the connection is when it is on the other side of the building, so i thought i would follow it around the building while setting the mission, then go back to the starting point and let it execute the mission.....
I am thinking you could do a simple test.

Go out in a wide open area and set a simple 5 point Keyframe.

Start the actual flight then power off your controller to simulate a disconnect and see what happens.

Your only other recourse would be to walk around the building to setup the Keyframe and then follow it again for the actual flight.

I am thinking you could do a simple test.

Go out in a wide open area and set a simple 5 point Keyframe.

Start the actual flight then power off your controller to simulate a disconnect and see what happens.

Your only other recourse would be to walk around the building to setup the Keyframe and then follow it again for the actual flight.
Yes, good idea, thanks... I'll do when it stops raining :)

Just be ready to duck 😎

I hear you about weather. -15C and 50kph winds here today.

Interested in the results of the “experiment” , keep us posted.
Where are you? Here in northern Italy, it was cloudy and drizzling all the time today :) I'll keep you updated as I can..

Just be ready to duck 😎

I hear you about weather. -15C and 50kph winds here today.

Interested in the results of the “experiment” , keep us posted.
Well.. then i did the experiment and what i saw is the following:
I turned off the remote control and closed the app while performing a keyframe mission. after 4-5 seconds the drone interrupted the mission and returned to the launch point (unfortunately, so I guess no data omboard, the drone is driven by the ground station...)
Then I launched the app and remote again, the app remembered there was a mission in progress, so it showed the "resume" button... The mission was not actually resumed from the point it left, it was restarted....
Moreover, the gimbal tilt never reflected the one I had set during the session programming, but perhaps there is an option I'm not aware of for this...
A little disappointed, at least I would expect the mission data to be loaded onto the drone memory before executing, for true autonomous progress, I would not claim to offline programming, but this would have been a good start.....

Well.. then i did the experiment and what i saw is the following:
I turned off the remote control and closed the app while performing a keyframe mission. after 4-5 seconds the drone interrupted the mission and returned to the launch point (unfortunately, so I guess no data omboard, the drone is driven by the ground station...)
Then I launched the app and remote again, the app remembered there was a mission in progress, so it showed the "resume" button... The mission was not actually resumed from the point it left, it was restarted....
Moreover, the gimbal tilt never reflected the one I had set during the session programming, but perhaps there is an option I'm not aware of for this...
A little disappointed, at least I would expect the mission data to be loaded onto the drone memory before executing, for true autonomous progress, I would not claim to offline programming, but this would have been a good start.....
Well at least you know what happens if you suffer a disconnect. Drone returns safely - that’s a good thing!

If I understand correctly your plan is to walk the perimeter of the building to setup your Keyframe.

You aren’t sure you will suffer a disconnect during the actual flight but now you KNOW that the drone will use it’s OA to stay out of trouble and return to launch point so it seems reasonable to try it. 😀

Also don’t forget that Keyframe is first release so might be a little “quirky” in its current form.

How do you abort/break out of running a keyframe spline to go back to manual control?

I made two flights using keyframes, one running around a field and the other around a house and through the woods in back. Both worked fine with no problems or wayward behavior but I couldn't figure out ro recall the last spline flown after changing batteries. Any help or pointers on that would be appreciated.

I made two flights using keyframes, one running around a field and the other around a house and through the woods in back. Both worked fine with no problems or wayward behavior but I couldn't figure out ro recall the last spline flown after changing batteries. Any help or pointers on that would be appreciated.

Hope this helps

1644539158175.png

Subsequent tests of keyframes have gone well with the exception of one flown using the Load Previous (Experimental) command, where the drone stalled at several points when it got closer to objects than it had in the original keyframe setup and initial flight thereon. I hadn't moved the case launch starting point when launching the previous.

Aside from that incident, I was especially pleased with how S2 flew the splines of a half dozen or so keyframes set from the front of the house, around the side, back through the trees behind the house, out of the trees into the back yard and then back around the house. to hover over the case launch point. This bodes well for what I want to do with it when good weather returns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr